Please read through our Frequently Asked Questions for help. If you need further assistance please contact us by email or call our customer service representative at 1-888-604-2296 between the hours of 9am and 5pm PST, Monday - Friday.
you ship this product to my state/country?
We can ship almost
all products to all US states and all countries of the world.
can ship all products to all states/cities in the US except Chicago, Illinois.
can’t ship the following products to Chicago, Illinois:
stars, automatic knives, metal or plastic knuckles
We ship from a warehouse in the USA. Orders shipped within the US are not subject to customs duty, tax or inspection. Remember, it
is up to you, the buyer, to determine your local jurisdiction’s
laws regarding the items before you order.
the USA:YES! We
can ship all of our products worldwide to all countries except for
stun gun products and pepper spray products. US law
prohibits us from exporting these products. We may also remove certain
products from your order if the cost of shipping the item to your
address is exorbitant.
Most non-US orders arrive without a problem but we recommend that you check your local laws regarding the products you intend to order.
All of our shipments go out in plain boxes or envelopes with no mention of our company name. We mark the contents as a "paperweight" with a $50 value and a "gift" designation. This ensures most orders arrive without a problem. However, the buyer is responsible for customs clearance.
Sometimes your local customs may impose
an import tax on your order. You are responsible for paying any tax and complying with your local customs office to release your shipment.
We only accept MONEY ORDER payments for orders going to the following countries: Hong Kong, Indonesia, Peru, Russian Federation, Tunisia. These countries have been associated with high levels of credit card fraud. We apologize for the inconvenience.
"xyz" product legal in my area?
we are not attorneys at law it is obviously inappropriate for our
employees to make legal determinations for our customers. With the
burden of thousands of overlapping legal jurisdictions worldwide each
with an ever-changing set of regulations regarding our products we
must insist that you, our customer, research the laws in your own
jurisdictions before placing an order. Check your local laws
before you order! We are prohibited from providing legal advice of any kind.
the packaging discreet?
We ship in plain white envelopes or USPS Priority Mail packaging. Our
return address is listed as “The BKC”. For orders going to Non-USA addresses we will list the contents as a "paperweight" with a $50 value and a "gift" status.
much do you charge for shipping to my country?
can calculate the shipping cost for your order by adding items to
your shopping cart and then entering your postal code and/or country
name in the Shipping Calculator located on the shopping cart page.
Shipping to Canada starts at $23.95 and the rest of the world starts at $26.95 (as of Jan. 2014)
we may cancel and refund an item from an international order because it
is too large or heavy to ship.
forms of payment do you accept?
accept ALL debit, credit and gift cards with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover or
American Express logo.
also accept money orders. To pay with a money order just check out
normally then print out your invoice and include it with our money
order paid payable in US dollars to: The Brass Knuckles Company and
mail to: The BKC, 848 N Rainbow BLVD #73, Las Vegas, NV 89107, USA.
do not accept Paypal because they will not allow purchases of self
defense products with their payment system.
If you have a problem getting your card to work please see our the answer to "Why am I having a problem with my credit, debit or gift card" at the bottom of this page.
will my order be shipped, how can I track my package and on what day
will my order arrive?
orders are shipped within 48 hours. Within 24 hours of your order
being shipped you will receive an automatic email containing your
USPS tracking number. Since USPS First Call and Priority rates do not
come with date certain delivery we can not tell you the exact date
your package will arrive. Most orders shipped within the US arrive in
5-7 days for First Class Mail and 3-5 days for Priority Mail. Non-US
orders are shipped via USPS International Priority Mail and usually
arrive in the destination country within 5-12 days. Once the package
arrives in your country the local postal service can take an
indeterminate amount of time.
can track the progress of your package online using your tracking
number at USPS.com
do I return an item for a refund or exchange?
returns must have an appropriate invoice or order number.
items can always be exchanged for an exact replacement of that item.
We will also repay your cost of shipping the item back to us by
crediting your credit card or mailing you a check.
/unused condition items can be returned within 365 days of ordering
them. However, we may choose to refund all or only a portion of the
original sales price. Factors that reduce a returns value include but
are not limited to: missing or damaged packaging, seasonal items,
that are damaged or broken will usually not be accepted unless a
manufacturing defect led to the item becoming damaged.
must pay for the cost of return shipping for all returns except for
exchanges of defective items.
return an item call our customer service rep Pinky at
1-888-604-2296 or contact us via email.
is my order on AVS HOLD and what does that mean?
Verification Service (AVS) is a process the credit card companies
insist we engage in for the sake of credit card fraud security. If
your order is on AVS HOLD it will be checked and cleared if no
security risk is present and shipped out like any other order.
there is a security concern you will receive an email indicating that
we need the credit card number, exp date and billing address. Once we
have this information your order will ship out ASAP like any other
order. Please call customer service at 1-888-604-2296 to give Pinky
your credit information or contact us via email.
know this can be a hassle but our customer's credit card security is
extremely important and we do not want to risk engaging in a
was my order shipped to my billing address?
order to meet Visa/MC compliance requirements we may require
credit/debit card orders over $30 to be shipped to the card holder’s verified
billing address. This notice is also posted on the checkout payment
I add, change or remove items from my order after it has been
Once an order is submitted it can only be amended or edited by
contacting our customer service. Once our warehouses have shipped an
order, products cannot be added or cancelled. If your order has not shipped out then you may have a chance to add an item or change your order. Please call us at 1-888-604-2296 or contact us via email .•Why am I having a problem with my credit, debit or gift card?
Credit cards can be declined for a number of reasons. Please check this list of reasons you card may have been declined and how to resolve the problem. Only your credit card issuer or financial institution can confirm the specific reason for a declined credit card. You need to contact your bank to ask them why it is being declined. Possible reasons include:
1. You've exceeded your credit or spending limit. Your card will be declined if you try to continue to make charges once you've hit the maximum amount your credit card company will allow you to borrow. Some cards also have a daily spending limit.
2. Your account is delinquent. If you are behind on your payments, your card issuer will eventually stop accepting new purchases.
3. Suspicious activity has “frozen” your card. Card companies use software that will automatically disable your account if a suspicious pattern of charges occur. Suspicious activity includes unusually large purchases, a large number of charges over a short time, charges in different cities on the same day, and payments to foreign companies. An auditor from your card company will usually call you when this occurs. To re-enable your account you must call your credit card company and verify the suspicious charges.
4. There's a authorization hold on your account. If you book a hotel room or rent a car using your credit card, your card company might place a hold on the amount you charged -- even if you haven't completed your stay or turned in the rental car. The hold ensures that the company gets the money it needs from your use of its services and prevents you from spending beyond your credit limit. This hold can take several days to be lifted. In the mean time you will not have access to that part of your credit limit.
5. You are trying to make an international purchase or an online purchase from a foreign company. Hardekopf says that this could create an alert and possibly freeze your card. To avoid this, call your card company before you travel overseas or make an international purchase so it won't suspect suspicious activity.
6. You entered your card information incorrectly. This is an easy mistake to make when shopping online. So double check the card number, expiration date, billing address and security code you typed before hitting "enter" to avoid having your card declined for simple human error. It’s easy to accidentally enter your old zip code or address after moving or you may have forgotten to update your credit card billing address. Watch for outdated information.
7. You have had a change in your credit score. Credit card companies analyze your credit worthiness on an on going basis, not just when you first apply. If you are delinquent on another credit card or your credit report has new blemishes you may have trouble making a large purchase with your card.
8. You attempted to use a VISA, MasterCard, or American Express branded gift card. Gift cards are not the same as credit card may be terms and conditions specific to the card that prevented the transaction from completing. The Terms and Conditions vary between cards – i.e. some allow online purchases, while others do not. Some gift cards have other restrictions. There may be other terms specific to your card that might prevent the transaction from completing successfully. If you cannot find the required information, call the customer service number located on the card for assistance. Please
note, should a refund be necessary, the credit must be posted to the
gift card originally used to pay for the purchase. If you placed your
order using a VISA, MasterCard, or American Express branded gift card,
please be sure to retain possession of the card until after you′ve
received your order and you′re certain a return/refund won′t be
9. Another user deactivated your card. If you are an authorized user on another person's account then you may not know that the account has been closed or your spending privileges suspended.
10. Your credit or gift card is not yet activated. Most credit and gift cards require activation before being used. Please call the number or the card to verify the card is activated.